Chuck Maricle - fresh ideas and proven leadership for our community.
I am honored to to run for Harris County Commissioner Precinct 1
As a resident of this great and diverse community for that last 23 years, I understand the issues important to the development, economic management, emergency response and social needs of the precinct.
This is the contract by which I will serve Harris County:
1) Conduct all business and community work adhering to Christian principles, serving in a selfless fashion, treating all in the community with respect and keeping the dignity of the elected office, accountable to the voting public.
2) Restore public faith in trust in the office of the County Commissioner, free of conflict of interest and personal agendas. Maintain a zero tolerance position towards those who would use public office for personal gain.
3) The first job of the County Commissioner is the development and maintenance of infrastructure which is vital for the prosperity of business and communities being served. This includes a fair and equitable distribution of county programs designed to enhance the quality of life for all residents of Precinct One taking into account all our diverse community needs.
4) Recognizing the unique nature of Precinct One, we will establish a community forum representative of our neighborhoods to discuss and find solutions for a diverse set of concerns. Our community leaders will be encouraged to hold this office accountable and participate in county government.
5) Keep a pro business attitude, encouraging development, which promote good jobs for our citizens and a better quality of life. We will further promote Veterans and other vocational programs which will enable our residents to train and succeed in our core industries such as the Port, Healthcare and Energy.
6) Be the steward of the county taxpayer, encourage creativity that will reduce costs, reject "tax and spend" mentality at all levels.
7) Honor all the communities within Precinct One equally and maintain an open door policy to hear issues of concern. Community outreach and constant involvement is a cornerstone of effective stewardship. To not be involved and communicate regularly with the many communities of this precinct is disrespectful.
I invite you to use our Facebook site at www.facebook.com/chuckmaricle for daily information updates on our campaign.
Several goals have been set for the the future of our precinct which I would ask you to review.
Skills developed as a US Army Corps of Engineers officer, senior Project Manager and as a member of Team Coast Guard will benefit Harris County citizens in management of our infrastructure, finances, community support and disaster preparedness initiatives.
As a military veteran you learn that leadership requires a selfless approach to support the soldiers under your command. As a small business owner and entrepreneur, you learn how to grow simple ideas and make them succeed. As a father, you understand the importance of raising a family with guidance, hope and opportunity in a safe community. As a man of faith, you appreciate that we must take care of those in the most need providing them the motivation, skills and resources to create a better life for themselves.
It is my belief that we all share these common goals and ideals. In these difficult economic times and the strains that will be placed on budgets, we will work as a team to solve our issues as a community inclusive of all neighborhoods in the Precinct 1 bringing in a new era of communication and public service.
The time has come for me to take the next step in service to my community.
The challenges will be many, you will be part of the solution. There is no greater calling than serving ones community.
A new voice, a fresh view, it would be an honor to serve you.
On behalf of my family, I thank you for your encouragement and support in this election effort.
Essayons and Semper Paratus
This website paid for by the Chuck Maricle Campaign for County Commissioner, Kevin Michaels, Treasurer.